Monday, May 16, 2011

Seeing Green

Fresh asparagus & handmade pasta
Finally it's Spring (could someone please tell the Chicago weather that? I'm sick of carrying around an umbrella and wearing my purple rain boots everywhere!) and the fresh produce is here. I went to Chicago's Green City Market on Wednesday AND Saturday. Throw in a happy hour at Old Town Social to benefit the Green City Market's Junior Board and I was most definitely seeing green!

With yucky weather most of the week I stayed inside more than usual and made a bunch of tasty dishes with all my fresh produce purchases!

Saturday am at the Market - Homemade tamales - mushroom yum


Breakfast radishes! I made several of these small sandwiches.
Benison's bread, Brunkow cheddar spread, red cabbage sprouts & radishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment