Thursday, December 15, 2011

I Like it Hot, Hot, Hot!

My dear friend Dan introduced me to Lao Sze Chuan in Chicago's Chinatown neighborhood a few years ago. Dan has since moved onto greener pastures opening a phenomenal green lifestyle store in Cincinnati called Park and Vine, but I've kept going back to Lao Sze Chuan for it's ridiculously spicy food. If you don't like spice I probably wouldn't recommend Sichuan cuisine which is known for its use of garlic and peppers.

Dry Chili Chicken - look at those peppers!
Typically when I visit Chinatown, it's on the weekends and there are often long lines at Lao Sze Chuan (or at many of restauranteur Tony Hu's establishments). I am often forced to select another dining option and luckily there are a lot of fantastic restaurants all within the same plaza. I did notice that Chicago based GrubHub (an online food delivery company) will deliver my Sichuan faves to both my office and home - yes! I've gotten a few of my co-workers hooked on the spice and today was one such lucky delivery day.

Green Beans & Spicy Black Bean Sauce
I ordered by favorite green beans in spicy black bean sauce (though there's not really a sauce on the beans) and the dry chili chicken (look at those peppers!) My mouth is burning, but spice is treating me oh so nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment