Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Healthy $10 or Less Lunch in the Loop - It's True!

Protein Bar offers a wide variety of salads
Chicago's Protein Bar offers a wide variety of protein rich healthy breakfast and lunch selections. After reading about the quick service restaurant in Time Out Chicago, I decided to venture in and I've been hooked ever since. Seriously I have to will myself away from the storefront and allow myself visits only a few times a month (I'm "attempting" to be on a budget in 2012.)

I've been craving oatmeal more with this cold Chicago weather and I can't say enough about the pancake in a bowl dish which is actually steel cut oats with agave nectar (gotta have some sweetness), vanilla protein and mixed fruit. Sheer morning delight. Add some Intelligentsia coffee and we're set to start the day.

Did I mention lunch? Well there are plenty of salads, soups and barrito wraps most prominently featuring super grain quinoa. As you can see from the picture I love the salads and the buffalo chicken salad tops my list with crunch greens, chicken, quinoa and vegan buffalo sauce that's got some serious tang.

To date Protein Bar has a handful of Chicago locations, but I've heard a rumor that they're ready to expand in a big way...here's hoping they head to your neighborhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment