Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Welcome to our first adventure together

Hello there Ladies & Gentleman!

I'm delighted to at long last have a blog. I've been met with shock and awe when I say "I don't have a blog" or "what would I write about?" You my friends have told me to do what I do best and that is to write about food. This will serve as my new medium for reviewing restaurants (though Yelp will by no means fall by the wayside), discussing food favorites, market visits and basically anything that has to do with food. Welcome to the Adventures with Food Girl!

Up first? A rave about a fabulous snack food discovery that came to me by way of
Costco (thank goodness I love these treats or else I'd be stuck eating a box of 50 of them all by my lonesome!) Brothers All Natural has created some delightfully tasty fruit crisps in the Fuji apple and Asian pear variety. 40 calories, 0 grams of fat, one whole gram of fiber? Can't beat that in a morning snack option. These freeze dried fruits are crispy and light,making for a perfect palate cleanser. Each bag contains one and a half pieces of fruit (shocking I know) and that's it...no other ingredients! Taking a peak at their website (www.brothersallnatural.com) they also offer bananas, strawberry bananas, pineapple, peaches and a host of potato varieties too. Can't wait to keep snacking!

5 comments:

  1. yum! i look forward to more blog snacks from you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to read more foodie recommendations from Ms. Chicago:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I eat these costco fruit snack EVERY DAY my midday snack..i'm not a foodie so I feel special that I know this..i hope/assume you have read Julia and Julie or whatever it is called with new moview coming out. when I read that book i SO thought of you for some reason...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I'm always looking for healthy stuff for me and my son too-this would be perfect for kids as well. Can't wait to see more. Hallie

    ReplyDelete