|Robyn's Own Burrito Bowl|
- Brown rice - way healthier than white rice. I used Trader Joe's frozen brown rice which takes all of 3 minutes to microwave.
- Black beans. Rinse 'em and they're ready to go.
- Shredded lettuce. I took an entire heart of romaine and just did a chiffonade cut to make it look pretty.
- Corn. I had the most amazing sweet corn from a Green City Market visit earlier this week. I just sliced the kernels off the cob and sauteed them in a bit of olive oil. I admit they were pretty tasty raw (I sampled a few kernels). You could also use Trader Joe's roasted corn kernels, which are also in the frozen food aisle.
- Cherry tomatoes.
- Shredded fat free cheddar (still tastes just as good as the full fat stuff).
- Avocado - need the good fat!
- Beef. I opted to purchase No Name frozen steaks and was amazed at the 3 frozen filets I purchased for $7.99. I took the one filet and cooked it at 500 degrees on the broiler for 10 minutes on each side and it was pretty darn good!
- Salsa - I didn't add any, but I realized after I started eating my dinner that I had the fancy Frontera Grill salsa in my fridge.
|Here is is mixed a bit more - doesn't it look like a Chipotle burrito bowl?!|
This was probably one of the most satisfying dinners I'd made for myself in some time and I highly recommend trying it at home!